Pack your revolutionary banners and hide your “civic disobedience” weapons. And definitely don’t join a political party. Reformation and revolution are both obsolete and very slow ways towards more freedom. So what shall we do instead? With Max Hillebrand, we continue our last conversation about first principles of liberty and in this conversation, we talk about strategies for freedom here and now. Agorism, Parallel Polis, Vonu, Second Realm, TAZs, Cryptoanarchy. “…and in various ways they are combined…” as my favourite song that shall go unnamed says. Speaking of songs, we also talk about very interesting musical inspiration. So dive in!
- You can find Max Hillebrand at TowardsLiberty.com and on Twitter as @HillebrandMax. I also recommend listenting to the episodes of Vonu Podcast with Max.
- Hackers Congress Paralelni Polis is happening 2-4 October 2020 – physically in Prague and online. Get your tickets with a discount using coupon code optionplus. Should also work for workshops during the congress (both physical and online).
- My courses Firefox for better privacy and Introduction to lightning network are available, and of course with a discount to listeners. Use coupon code podcast.
- Great episode of Cypherpunk Bitstream about The Roots of Parallel Polis, in which me, Martin Leskovjan, Frank Braun and Smuggler talk about strategy for self-liberation in a communist authoritarian regime of Czechoslovakia. If it works in authoritarian hellhole, it works wherever you live.
- Second realm: The book on strategy
- Vonu: The Search for Personal Freedom
- New Libertarian Manifesto by Samuel Edward Konkin III – the main book about agorism
- Everything Voluntary – a great introduction to voluntaryism
- Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged – a great book about the values of productive society. If you need a positive “kick”, I highly recommend it.
- Paul Rosenberg’s A Lodging of Wayfaring Men and The Breaking Dawn are both amazing books about the practical sides of liberty.
- T.A.Z.: The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Ontological Anarchy, Poetic Terrorism – Hakim Bey’s amazing book
- Also listen to this musical interpretation of parts of the book by Bill Laswell.
Support this podcast
This podcast is costless for you and ad-free, but it is not costless to produce. If you have found it useful, I appreciate any donations (using cryptocurrencies).
Option Plus podcast is your tool to growing freedom, biohacking, life improvement and cryptocurrencies. Hosted by Juraj Bednar.
Podcast created and produced by Juraj Bednar.
Title song by suonho, used under CC-BY license.